Because of the Coronavirus and the WA State "Stay Home, Stay Healthy," Shut-Down Order, Horse Camp has been delayed until the July 13th session when we will practice certain accommodations. We look forward to seeing you at Horse Camp this summer, so save those carrots for your horsy friends! Sign up now!
SUMMER HORSE DAY CAMP at Camp Horse Country in Granite Falls starts Monday, July 13th, 2020.
We will be making the following accommodations because of the CoronaVirus outbreak:
1.To adhere to the State of Washington Phase 2 guidelines of groups of 12 riders or under, our day camps will only have 10 riders and 2 instructors in each session.
2. Our horsy friends can enjoy the outdoors in a healthy activity with horses. We’ve been practicing “social distance” for many years in the form of equine safety space., i.e. keeping camp horses a minimum of 10 feet apart.
3. During breaks away from the horses, campers will remain a minimum of 6 feet apart.
4. We maintain our restrooms with soap, water, and paper towels for hand-washing.
5. Campers should bring individual bottles of hand-sanitizer, hand-wipes, and gloves to wear while grooming and hoof picking.
6. Camp hours are 9am – 4pm for Wild West Campers and 8am – 5:30pm for Camp Peer Counselors (C.I.T.s)
7. To adhere to the above guidelines, our Friday Camp Horse-Show will be for campers only and we will video individual performances on each camper’s personal device and live-stream it on our Facebook page.
8. And of course, campers should only come to horse camp when they’re healthy to keep other children and the teachers safe. Please wash your child's camp t-shirt and bandanna (provided by Camp Horse Country) each night so they'll be fresh and sanitary for camp the next day.
Wild WEst RIDIN' Camp
Summer Day Camp for New Riders ~ 8 to 14 years old
3+ Hours in the Saddle Each Day!
ALL DAY with A HORSE OF YOUR OWN! What could be better?
Bring lots of long, skinny carrots for your new horsy friend.
Ride for hours, Saddle, and Groom, Western.
Trail Rides, Riding Lessons, Games on Horseback
Horse Care ~ Stall cleaning, feeding & watering
A REAL Horse Show on the last day with ribbons and trophies.
Mondays - Fridays 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
July and August 2020 ~ Total Cost: $445.00
advanced wild west Camp
Intermediate Riders, 10 to 14 years old!
3+ Hours in the Saddle Each Day!
Build your riding skills from what you learned in Wild West Camp with Trail Rides, Lessons, Patterns, Advanced Games on Horseback.
CHOOSE Your Own Horse! Some Restrictions Apply.
One 5-Day Session ONLY!
Yes, you will learn to ride bareback ~ without a saddle.
Cowgirl/Cowboy-In-Training Leadership Camp
Are you 12 -16 years old? Be a Tween/Teen Camp Counselor.
Been to Camp Horse Country before? Be a Peer Counselor.
We RIDE a lot!!! And Teach! And Train!
CHOOSE YOUR CAMP HORSES & RIDE ALL DAY!
Trail Rides * Arena Riding * Corral Riding * Horse Show * Stall Cleanin’ , *Tack Cleanin’ * Horse Cleanin’ * Leadership Training * Fun * Lessons, * Super-Educational * Huge Discount for all the Summer Camps You Do! * Cowboy Dressage * Challenging * Fun *Barrel Racing * Wow!
Monday–Thursday, 8AM-5:30PM, Friday, 8AM-4PM!
5 Days Only $499.00
Leadership Training Camp 2020 Sessions begin:
June 1, June 8, June 15 and June 22.
Only 4 counselors per week, so sign up early.
Summer Camp Counseling Weeks with horse & lots of riding ~ $225 Per Week ~ for CIT graduates, 2 per week
Under 12? Yes, you can be a Junior Camp Counselor if you have your instructor's permission.
WHY CHOOSE CAMP HORSE COUNTRY? BECAUSE WE RIDE MORE!
Our camp days are filled with horsy activities ~ it's a "ridin' good time!"
8:00 Counselors- in-Training (C.I.T.s) arrive and help with Horsy Morning Chores.
9:00 Wild West Campers arrive and are signed in by parents. Campers put away lunches, get their equestrian helmets and "Good Morning" carrots and come to Friendship Circle. After Friendship Circle, Barn Buddy Time and Virtual Riding, Campers greet their horses. Then, they set up their Grooming Stations.
9:45 Groom and Saddle Time
10:30 Snack and Water Break in the Party Barn
10:45 Morning Riding Lesson
12:15 Lunch Time in the Party Barn
1:00 Virtual Riding, After Lunch - "Bridle-Up" carrots - Time for a Riding Lesson, Trail Ride or Games on Horseback followed by Horse Care.
3:30 Snack and Water Break in the Party Barn
3:45 Goodbye Carrots for all Wild West Camp horses. Wild West campers signed out by parents.
"Bridle-Up" carrots for C.I.T. horses. C.I.T.s go to Riding Lesson, Trail Ride, Games in one of the arenas.
4:45 C.I.T.s unsaddle and help with Horsy Night Chores.